Adv

Thursday, April 12, 2007

I am muslim, too.


You know what, if you buy (or borrow) this book and carry it around the office or at the shopping mall, you'll be famous in no time. Heh heh... and I'm not kidding you! Among the reactions I received from colleagues when they saw me carrying/reading this were:

"Argh, you bought that girl's book? I read her blogs and I... argh... she's just... argh..." ---- from a woman I hardly know.

"Hey! Where did you buy that book from, Borders? MPH? Times? I'm getting one for myself." ---- from a book worm I know.

"Hmmm... I heard that's a good one." --- from a very serious looking gentleman.

"Wow, it takes a really open minded person to read that book." --- from a colleague who knows me quite well.

"How controversial is it?" --- from a curious girl.

"After you!" --- from someone who plans to read something good, but no time to shop for books.



Liberal or conservative; practising Muslim or not,I think you all should buy and read it. You may be thrilled, agreeing to some, confused by some, wondered about some, have your jaws dropping at times, have to re-read some paragraphs at times and feel like calling your mom to confirm on certain facts.

Most of us went through the Malaysian Muslim's life as described by Dina, especially women. We made similar observations, faced similar problems, afraid to ask on why certain things are conducted in certain ways, confused with own feelings; torn between 'adat' and 'agama'.

I give this book 4 stars out of 5. Good adult read.

My only advice to you is not to label the author or the book before you read everything between the front and back covers.

Updated on Friday the 13th of April:

Orang lain letak gambar kek, I pun nak letak jugak gambar kek I kat sini:

You Are a Marble Cake

Eclectic, inventive, and peaceful.
You are never willing to accept what's "normal." You live to push the envelope.
You find it hard to make up your mind. You prefer to have everything you want, right away!


Hmmmm... nasib baik I memang sukaaaaa sangat-sangat marble cake tu.


And then.... one more! I saw this one in a friend's posting some time ago. Baru sekarang I buat pulak...

You Are a Coy Flirt!

You're not so much a flirt as the type of girl who draws flirts in
While you look like you're just relaxing, secretly you've got your game on
A little look here, a little wink there... you give men the encouragement they crave
And in return, they flirt up a storm with you - while you just sit and smile

6 comments:

Hajar said...

ooohh!!!! I want to buy that book too!!! can borrow, ah?? hehehe...

ps: can also read her writings at malaysiakini.com.

D.N.A.S said...

Jade,
dah ada 2 org dok queue after I, hehe.

I jarang masuk malaysiakini.com sebab semua video yg I nak tgk kat situ, kena bayar... hehehe. So, frust lah kononnya.

kimi azhan said...

Dee, sori I side track sikit. I am in Singapore now, attending a one week course. Next week I balik, baru boleh jumpa you to collect the book.. Boleh ke? What's the price? when can I see you after 24th Apr 07?

Marliza Radzi said...

finally telah ketemu dan membeli a copy of I AM MUSLIM. sukar sungguh pencarian. tak sabar mahu baca!

Idlan said...

"After" hahahhaa. Lama plak tak dengar that phrase..

azura.naem said...

Sis, me too in the process of reading that book. Surprisingly emak saya yang jarang nak membeli buku yang beli. And yes, the stories she tell..fuh..indescribable.