Adv

Monday, April 23, 2007

I listen to Disco

I was born in the mid 70s. I grew up with 4 elder brothers (who used to be chain-smokers. Thank god one of them just quit last year). They made me listen to English songs ever since I was 2 years old.



The first favorite cartridge was Rod Steward's album.
I learned English listening to Bee Gees, Boney M and ABBA.

During my primary school days, I sang Donna Summer's songs as I couldn't practise English conversation with my friends.

During secondary school and uni days, it was the rap, black music and the boy bands. I could still memorise NKOTB songs, mind you.

These days, I listen to Disco music again.
Check out these 2 songs:



One Night Only
- OST Dreamgirls


Let's Dance Together
- Melly: Mind & Soul

The good thing is, I feel younger when I listen to Disco songs.

The bad thing is, I drive faster when I have this music playing on the car stereo.

The funny thing is, whenever I go karaoke, I'd sing dangdut.

The weird thing is, my favorite genre is actually traditional Malay!

Mood: Need to get out of this comfort zone.

Updated at 5.43pm:
Realised that I've been tagged by Sheryl. Managed to complete this within 15 minutes' time! So, here goes:

Layer One: On the Outside

Name: D.N.A.S (in the I/C it's only N.A.S)

Birthdate: July 5th.

Current status: Married, mother of 2

Eye color: Dark brown

Hair Color: Inky black

Righty or Lefty: Righty


Layer Two: On the Inside

My heritage: Pure Malay

My fears: Going to the ATM and realise there's no money left in the account.

My Weaknesses: Latest Nokia handphones.

My perfect pizza: Deavola at Luca's.


Layer Three: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

My thoughts first thing when I wake up: Which blouse doesn't require ironing, ah?

My bedtime: 12.30pm.

My most missed memory: Learn sewing and crocheting from my late grandma.


Layer Four: My picks

Pepsi or Coke: Coke

Mc Donald's or Burger King: Burger King

Single or Group Dates: Single (because I wanna be in charge!)

Adidas or Nike: Adidas

Tea or Nestea: Tea

Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate

Cappucino or Coffee: Cappucino


Layer Five: Do I

Smoke: Not now.

Curse: Everyday (driving or not, jam or not. Favorite phrase: damnit!)

Take a shower: Twice a day.

Have a crush: A few

Think I've Been In love: A few times.

Go to school: Long long time ago.

Want to get married: Already am.

Believe in myself: Of course!

Think I'm a health freak: Most of the time.


Layer Six: In the past month

Drank alcohol: No! I must be sober all the time.

Gone to the mall: Every week day.

Been on stage: No (I missed the stage so much!)

Eaten Sushi: 3 times.

Dyed your hair: Never.


Layer Seven: Have I ever

Played a stripping game: Yup! (Stop rolling your eyes, ok!)

Changed who I am to fit in: Beyonce (the fairer version)


Layer Eight: Age

I am hoping to be married: Already am (married when I was 26)


Layer Nine: What was I doing

1 min ago: Bloghopping

1 hour ago: Emailing my customer

4.5 hours ago: Had a sumptous lunch with Mrs. A and Mrs. M

1 month ago: Searching high and low for a hand held lawn mower

1 year ago: Doing a really challenging project in Pasir Gudang.


Layer Ten: Finish The Sentence

I love: Electronic gadgets

I feel: Uncomfortably missing someone

I hate: To admit that I'm sometimes sentimental and emotional

I hide: The fact that I'm blogging, from Mr. Hubby

I need: 'Me' time more often.


Layer Eleven: Tag 5 people

Dilla

Spena

Faiez

Ryzah

Kimi


11 comments:

F.Idrus said...

Sempat lagi kena tag tuh! Hahahahah!

Leilanie said...

Dee,

You're looking for a handheld mower?
hee hee...

Nik thought me to just use a sharp scissor, angkat kain (sket jerlah), duduk on the floor by the rumput, and start scissoring away.

hee hee hee.
mujarab.

dillazag said...

DNAS, camna boleh jadi rupa Jet Li ni???? heh heh heh

Saya akan menjawab TAG anda sebentar lagi.

Tunggu....

D.N.A.S said...

Faiez,
sila.... sila buat.. heheheh. By the way, rumah (studio) you looks so cozy... hmmm bestnyeee..

Lanie,
tak larat dah nak gunting. Laman I tu panjang jugak rupanya.

Dilla,
Jet Li tu kiut macam saya... hahaha.

Marliza Radzi said...

your hubby doesn't know you blog? bestnya! my fiance nows. and he reads. huhu :P

Marliza Radzi said...

*nows = knows

D.N.A.S said...

am,
when your other half knows/reads your blog, kurang freedom lah nak membebel, kan?
Funny thing is, I don't blog about my marriage and family. Hehehe. I think it's safer this way.

Captain Kangaroo said...

Weh how come u got jet li der --- he looks like u meh? waaa :O

D.N.A.S said...

DrFrap,
itulah pasal. 72% resemblance plak tu... hahahahah... Good thing is, I'm also into martial arts. Jeng! jeng! Hiapppp!! (Flying side kick followed by a neck-breaking sharp and powerful elbow).

Anonymous said...

hai... lama x drop by here.... u pun july baby eh? sama la kita :)

D.N.A.S said...

Hi Naddy,
next one I nak tag you pulak, eh?