Adv

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

My Malay Novels and Short Stories



July 2012 marks the first anniversary of me being a published author. My latest book, Hilang was launched on 29th June 2012 at Pesta Buku Selangor. Hilang can also be purchased online at fixi.com.my/hilang or amazon.com. Usually it'll take about 1 or 2 months before new titles are available at major bookstores in KL.

If people asked me 8 years ago about my 5 or 10 year plan, I know being a writer would not be part of it. Writing is still a surprise to me. I never imagined myself doing creative writing. My friends have always told me that they're confident that I'd make it big some day (in the corporate world). But deep down, I knew that's not what I wanted to be. 

Opportunities come and go for me to climb up the corporate ladder, but I don't think I care anymore. I spent a couple of years thinking what I really wanted to be. I knew I didn't want to belong to the 'C-class people' in this rat race. CIO, CEO, CTO - they all spell 'mega-stress' to me. 

One day, a year ago, I sat down and decided to write. After that, things just got better and I felt happier.
Suddenly my 9-5 job became more interesting when I started taking up more challenges and new projects. 

It's mind boggling to some people on how I manage to juggle work-family-writing. I don't have tips or recipe for others who plan to follow what I do. I'm still me and not granted with any super power. But for those who know me well, I'm the type that will finish what I started. I may not be as talented as the person sitting in front of me, but I always make sure I meet deadlines and deliver as per the expectations. 

As a result, I've written 2 Malay Novels and 3 short stories within 12 months. As a busy working mother who couldn't seem to find the time for gym, massage and spa, that's quite an achievement, I think. ;)

I am so lazy to arrange the layout of this blog entry, but here are some pictures that make me smile this whole week. Hope they inspire you too! Cheers!

First autograph goes to....

Yeay! Going home with some stock
Ran out of idea, should have brought the Mutiara Kata book.
Di Pesta Buku Selangor 2012




 
My novels: Jerat(2011) and Hilang(2012)
Short story compilations: Kopi(2011) and Gasak(2011)




No comments: