Adv

Friday, November 30, 2012

Last day of November 2012

30 days of writing consistently can bring you somewhere. At least you can come up with a first draft of a novel. This year is my first time participating in NaNoWriMo. I spent about 2 hours a day writing about 1,200 words everyday during the first week. Then, on the second week I went for a holiday and really slacked in writing. On the third week I started catching up but trying to write 3,000 words a day wasn't easy. 
My last sprint was in the fourth week but I had to spend more time to come up with the words as I suddenly decided to change the third act and the ending. 
Earlier this morning, I managed to reach more than 50,000 words, validated my novel and got myself this badge! Yeayyyyy!

NaNoWriMo Winner Badge

A friend sent me a message telling that NaNoWriMo won't help you publish the novel and I said, that's okay -- I just love the adrenaline rush. And didn't I tell you earlier that the best part about writing a novel is the writing process? Once the novel is completed, printed and put on the shelves, all the excitement dies out. It'll just stood there, waiting for the next hand to grab it.
I hope I'll have enough energy to participate again next year!!


No comments: