Adv

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

NaNoWriMo 2014


It had been a pretty busy November. Sometimes everything seems to come all at once and some months you're left with nothing to do but stare at blank pages of your notebook. *Sigh* Such is life. 
So, besides attending Zumba Basic 1 training, I was also busy writing my 50K words manuscript during NaNoWriMo 2014. It was my 3rd time participating. Unlike the 2 previous years, this time I did a Malay manuscript. It is actually the continuation of my novel, Samar. 
Many of my friends were afraid to attempt a Malay novel for NaNoWriMo, I have no idea why. So, I wrote my manuscript and got it verified on the last day of November. Regardless of what language you use, I guess the verification engine would just count the words and never bother to check what you wrote. Well, we can even upload obfuscated text for verification purpose. I hope in 2015 more Malay novelists will participate and get an almost complete novel written in a month's time.


Now I'm supposed to do revision of the manuscript and write the ending of the story, which usually would take about 10K words. I'm not sure when I'm sending it to the publisher (sebenarnya proposal pun belum submit lagi.... hehehe). Sometimes you need to do things on certain days of the month, kan? Bukannya nak cari auspicious date ke apa, it's just that I need to make sure I feel right about something before deciding on submitting them.  
Ok now I need to decide on the title in Malay. ;)

No comments: