Adv

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nag nag nag....

Soon after I got married, I decided that I'd never be a nagging mom. I knew exactly how was the 'sour' feeling you get whenever your mom nagged. I thought I could just stay cool and say nice things to my kids.

But that was more than 9 years ago.  Today, after 9 years of marriage and 3 kids I think I am becoming more and more like the other moms. When Wazif was small I didn't nag as I was always coming home late from work and we spent the weekends either sleeping or shopping. Then, came Shawqi. They're only 16 months apart so Mr. Hubby and I were raising 2 babies at the same time. I didn't really have time to nag as I was busy rushing here and there everyday. Today they are both in primary school and look like non-identical twins; they're about the same height but Wazif is more fleshy.

However, both are quite chatty and not afraid to speak their minds. Not sure they inherit that trait from which side of the family but they're not like the kids I used to grow up with. Perhaps it's the culture that have changed or the school environment. TV influence could also be among the reasons.

School holidays have started and I enrolled both of them for a drawing class. This morning as I was busy getting ready for work, the kids were having breakfast while playing with their toys. The Pakcik Van who was supposed to pick them up would only arrive in about an hour.

I had too many things to tell them before set out to work; numerous instructions, the do's and don'ts during the parents' absence, how NOT to play with the baby, how NOT to trick the Bibik, this and that. After applying my make up, I realized I was in fact nagging. The funny thing is I found I was talking to myself as both of them were not even paying attention to me. Shawqi was busy with his toys while Wazif was busy with his chicken sandwich.

I stopped nagging for a moment and asked them, 'Korang dengar tak apa mak pesan?'

Shawqi didn't even look up. Wazif turned to me and said, 'Mak, pegi keje.... dah lambat ni.'

I walked out of the house giggling to myself. Hehehehe.

10 comments:

Hajar said...

hahaha...

all jazzed up said...

Yes Dayang, 8 years ago I thought how cool it was for me to be a mom cuz I will never yak yak yak yak... but now.. aku jerit kalah Tarzan Rimba....

Kujie said...

berleter adalah sign of mother :p

kitkat said...

haha...the kids these days are really different from hat it used to be..

the principal said...

my teacher yg paling garang berckp pun kekadang bebudak tak ambik pot...kena raise voice baru concentrate

D.N.A.S said...

Jade,
mulut diorang mmg takde insurans.

Jazz,
dulu aku tak boleh nyanyi, sekarang aku boleh melalak kat karaoke sebab hari2 dok buat vocal practice.

D.N.A.S said...

kujie,
kira I ni dah nak jadi ibu mithali lah, kan?

kitkat,
bebudak ni semua dah sangat modern.... kita dulu2 innocent..

D.N.A.S said...

principal,
cikgu2 anak2 I ni pun selalu komplen kat I. Diorang bagitau my kids mmg degil.

Murni Alfathunnisa said...

Even if u dont want to be a 'nagging mom', it's something that u cant control isnt it..mmg dah nature perempuan i think..hihi.
yg belum jadi mom pun nagging jugak sometimes...haha

- d . a . r . i . a . s . u . e - said...

sronoknye dah ada anak kan...rasa mcm life is complete...

selamat menyambut hari raya aidiladha...