Adv

Thursday, January 06, 2011

New Year Came, New Year Went

This is sort of a stale story/update but I still wanna put the top 5 lyrics I did for the new year countdown here:

#5- Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
’relax,’ said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!
-Eagles



Number 5 went to Hotel California. I grew up listening to this song. It became a radio hit again about 6 years ago, I couldn't remember why. Eagles did a reunion tour, I think.

‎#4- Now I can't say my name, and tell you where I am
I want to roll myself away, don't know if I can
I wish that I could be in some other time and place
With someone else's soul, someone else's face.
Oh, Tuesdays just might go my way
It can't get worse than yesterday
Thursdays, Fridays ain't been kind
But somehow I'll survive
- Jon Bon Jovi



Someday I'll Be Saturday Night was introduced to me by one of my ex-coursemates. I used to spend my time in her room doing our tutorials (well, it was actually copying answers from some senior's tutorials). It was one of the shitty periods of my campus life (and so was hers). We loved this song so much because it gave us some hope that we'd eventually get out of the shit we're in.


#3-
Sayang ku mungkir pada kejujuranmu
Menolak segala bahgia dihadapanku
Kasihku mungkir pada kata janjiku
Berlari aku jauh dari cintamu
Ku kesali
-Hazami



A few years ago the only Hazami's song I knew was Sonata Musim Salju. One day, there was this macho officemate of mine told me to copy a song from his thumb drive. He told me to listen to the nicest song ever he just copied from his friend. My first thought was it might be some rap or death metal song (just by looking at this guy the first thing that would come to mind was - oh ganasnya rupa brader nih). So, I was totally amazed when I listened to Mungkir Bahagia. It's such a beautiful song and Hazami's voice was so subtle and touching. It's still difficult to associate this song with that brader macho, but I believe he's the type that 'dalam hati ada taman'.


‎#2- Kugenggam angin semalam
Kusimpan jadi nyanyian
Kupeluk bayang hitamku
Menjadi kamus mimpiku
-Hattan



Memburu Rindu was the number one song on Malay radio stations during my Uni orientation week. So everyone in campus memorized this song.


#1- I've always been in love with you
I guess you've always known it's true
You took my love for granted, why oh why
The show is over, say good-bye
-Madonna



So far there are 3 famous Take A Bow songs that I know of. Madonna's, Rihanna's and Leona Lewis's. My favorite is still the one from Madonna. This was like THE song to listen to and sing until your throat hurts after a relationship didn't work well/break up. This song reminds me of a few jerks I used to know and I'm glad for the right things I did. 


So with that 20 favorite lyrics of mine, I wish you a very Happy 2011. I hope you and I will find happiness.

No comments: