Adv

Saturday, April 02, 2011

A good news, another good one, followed by a confusion

Good news number 1: We are getting company bonus this year, hooray! The last time we got bonus was way back in 2006. It was officially announced last month, and we're getting it in May. The incentive we received earlier was not part of this bonus, so this year we're getting extra money in stages. Not bad, huh? (I am sooo getting iPad 2 when it comes to Malaysia, hehe).

Good news number 2: My blood test result was OK. Well, actually everything's OK except for the cholesterol part. Total cholesterol is quite high, near the borderline but when I compare with my 2008 report, it has actually reduced quite significantly. So did the bad cholesterol reading. However, the doctor is still quite worried about my cholesterol because I have family members who died because of heart problems. So, I will have to control my cholesterol level and try to lower it to half of the current reading because of the risk.

What's confusing me right now is after seeing the test result, the doctor still can't find the root cause of my high blood. Some of my friends have even higher cholesterol than me but they don't have high BP problems. So, again the doctor reminded me to not worry too much. 

Ok, have I been worrying too much? I can't think of a single thing that made me worry too much. I have stopped worrying since a few years ago. I decided to just go with the flow. I especially don't worry about things anymore. If it's meant to be mine, it will be. If it's meant to be lost, it will be. If things are destined to be broken, they will be. 

I've also stopped worrying about people. If they're nice, and they're my friends, then I'm lucky. If they're mean, they better don't be friends with me. 

Not only those, I've stopped worrying about my work and money. If there's work, I'd do it. If they give me money, then syukur Alhamdulillah. If there's no additional money, just be thankful I still have a job. 

So, why in the world am I having hypertension?

Perhaps it's about time to let go or ignore more things.

No comments: