Adv

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Writing: The learning part

My friends used to tell me that if you wanna write, then you should read many books and attend writing workshops. I wanted to write but I didn't have that much time to read as many books. I also couldn't spare a few days to attend any workshop. When I decided to write my first novel, I just wrote it. The truth is, I didn't really know the do's and don't's in fiction writing.
I think I've wrote in this blog earlier that I've been wanting to become an author for quite some time but didn't really do anything about it. I just updated this blog once in a while, so that I could practice my writing.
Besides that, in 2008 I bought this book. I never finished reading it or did any of the exercises. I only managed to read Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.

So, this week, after my debut novel has been in the market for a month, I'm going to continue with Chapter 3. Hahaha!

No comments: