Adv

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Solved or not?

I want to make a complaint. I take LDP highway on daily basis, at least twice a day. On the way to work in the morning, I have to brave the bottleneck before Sunway toll. Since I always take the exit to KESAS, I don't have to endure the before and after the toll gate congestion. In the evening, I have to take LDP again when I head towards the gym at IOI Mall.

It usually took me about 25 minutes from Subang Jaya to IOI Mall. If I set out at 5.05pm, I can join the GX classes at 5.45pm. The classes end at 6.30pm. Just the right timing for me. It's difficult for me to attend the 6.30pm classes as they end after Maghrib. So, I have been going to the 5.45 GX classes happily for the past 3 years.

Recently, a contra flow lane was opened to ease the evening congestion for vehicles heading towards Putrajaya and Pusat Bandar Puchong. The newspapers reported that based on 'some' survey it has solved the traffic congestion problem and it took only 5 minutes from Sunway Toll to Pusat Bandar Puchong.

Well, the truth is traffic after the Sunway Toll looks a bit smooth now but as we drive further there's still massive congestion in front of Pusat Bandar Puchong. I have to take this road to reach IOI Mall. That's not the worst news. The nearest u-turn is also closed when the contra flow lane is opened in the evening. This means I can only take the third u-turn (at Bandar Puteri) if I want to go to IOI Mall.

These days, at an average it took me about 45 minutes to travel from Subang Jaya to IOI Mall because the traffic condition after the u-turn has gone from bad to worse. I could only start working out at around 6pm and didn't get to join the GX classes at 5.45pm anymore. This is really bad. If don't have many commitment at home I can always join the 6pm classes but now I have to be happy with a max of 45 minutes working out on my own - which is quite boring. The sad thing is I've only been to the gym twice for the past 2 weeks. This is really really bad.

So, my point is having that contra flow lane in the evening might have solved some people's problems but it certainly doesn't make me any happier. Ini sudah makin menyusahkan hidup makcik.

And that new FF gym at Empire Gallery, bila nak bukak daaaaa?

No comments: